Friday, August 2, 2013

Goodbye Summer!

Wow, who can believe that it is already August?  I've just watched this summer fly by and am wishing that I had taken more time to sit back and relax through parts of it.  I will be taking Katy back to school shopping this weekend.  I think she is more excited than I am.  Some of you may recall the whole boot shopping experience that I wrote about before.  Yikes!  Really hoping this one has a much better outcome.  We are also going to be adding a little critter to our family chaos.  Katy fell in love with a gerbil when we were up in Idaho in July and has been begging for one ever since.  Thank you Grandma!  :)  Anyway, she has been working hard at her chores and keeping a spot cleared off for her new little pet.  She can't keep anything else cleared off or cleaned up (did not get that from me-seriously) so she had to work at keeping the spot cleared off her shelf to prove that the poor little animal wouldn't be buried on the shelf.  I did not realize how expensive those little monsters are.  Wowza!  Makes me appreciate all the money my parents spent on my hamsters growing up.  Anyway, so it should be a fun and adventurous weekend.  Yeah, that's what I'm going to call it.  I will let you know if anything interesting happens, that or I'll just vent a little.

Well, because Katy is heading back to school we have had to restructure our office and my working hours.  We hired a part-time employee to work the afternoons and I will be switching to mornings.  I have to say I'm very excited about the prospect.  The idea of being home by one is great!  It's been a hard couple of weeks worth of training but I'm very happy with the young lady we hired.  She's 21 so she has injected a little bit of that young energy into the office that we've been lacking.  She loves baseball so her and Derek will just sit and talk baseball.  Hopefully they'll get some work done in there as well.  ;)  Anyway, because of me switching my hours I get to put the kids back in sports because I'll be home to take them to practices.  Christian is going to be starting fall soccer towards the end of August.  So cute!!!  I can just see him running around on his little legs.  Katy really wants to try gymnastics so we're working on getting her set up in a class.  Yes I get to be the bus driver again, but it'll  be fun. 

So I'm sure some of you are wondering where we're at on the whole adoption process.  Well, we are officially on the waiting list.  Phew, sigh of relief.  I did not think we were ever going to get to this point.  At this point there's not much to do but wait.  There's a grant I need to finish applying for, but for the most part that's all done too.  I have to say that I have mixed emotions at this point.  The most prominent being one of immense relief to be done with paperwork for now.  Now life can kind of go on like usual without all the adoption stress.  I also feel a sense of anxiety or hopelessness that it's never really going to happen.  I'm really trying to trust God and his timing.  If I had my way this would've all been wrapped up a long time ago.  But my timing is not his and I should know by now it never has been.  It's fun to look around for baby stuff and imagine how it will be.  I'm trying to appreciate my nights of rest now before the baby gets here and we're sleep deprived again.  It's crazy because it almost seems like adoption isn't part of our lives right now because everything is done and we don't know when that will change so you just move on.  In the back of your mind you know that could change in a second, but how do you plan for it?  You can't, unless you get picked by a mom who has some time left in her pregnancy.  So, you're just left feeling at odds with yourself because you don't know what you should be doing.  It's been interesting to say the least. 

I know this is short, but I at least wanted to get an update in here.  Here's to a great weekend full of shopping and a new critter!  I pray God's blessings on you all and I pray patience for myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment